Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 604C Crossover

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jennifer WhiteWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greetings, My first post here! I have a 604C in mint condition I wish to use in a mono system I am putting together for my 78 collection. It has no crossover. As I understand it, Doug Sax and his brother worked out a much-better than original X-over with notches for the bad peaks. There are several mentions of it in the archive here. I have also 'heard mention casually' of another design paying a high degree of attention to phase domain characteristics, though I have no attribution or details of it. Can anyone here help with a well developed X-over for my driver, or will I have to test it and design from scratch? I do not wish to bi-amp. Here's hoping for a great schematic to save me a day of futzing and measuring to reinvent a wheel that I am SURE has been WELL covered in the past. Many thanks if you can help! Reference to a web page with the data, or a file sent to me personally is fine either way. If the latter, I can provide an emial address on a Linux machine to send it to. BTW I'll be using a vintage Heathkit Williamson 6L6 amp to drive the 604C, with both a Scott 151, and a Newcomb preamp to choose from. A vintage GE variable reluctance pickup and modern Shure V-15 with assorted styli will do the 'grooving'.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jennifer WhiteWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please note I misspeled my name as a 'screen identity' [ as Jenifer - with one N ] on purpose, as the correct spelling had been taken. I have also corrected the 'junior' thing. At my age, I got a laugh out it it!

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member jmarkwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jennifer,

    Check out
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=3729&t=563

    There is a link to a schematic that might help in your quest.

    Jeff

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jennifer WhiteWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Many thanks! This is the power of the internet at its best!
    Jennifer

  5. #5
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jenifer,

    You might also want to check out GuyL's topic below, I think he might be interested in selling his Mastering Labs crossovers.

    Dave

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Dave,

    After your visit, I've decided to keep things, just the way they are.

    Guy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member selmerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2003
    Posts
    384
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Guy,

    Sorry about the misinformation then. Thanks again for having me over, I enjoyed hearing your stuff and talking.

    Dave

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GuyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2004
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dave,

    Thanks for trying to help. You couldn't have known that I've changed my mind. It was nice meeting you too.

    Guy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.